If wanting to create professional beats it can be difficult to find great software with all the features needed and within a fixed budget. This DubTurbo review looks specifically at Dub Turbo and evaluates each of the main features against other products.
What is DubTurbo?
Dub Turbo is music sequencing software that lets people easily create their own beats. It doesn’t really matter which genre of music the beats are for as Dub Turbo is great for all types including rap, hip hop, jungle and house. It is ideal for anyone wanting to create professional sounding urban beats to take their music to the next level. The Dub Turbo software can export beats in professional sound quality 44.1 stereo 16 bit .WAV format. This is way better than virtually all online beat makers and almost all downloadable beat makers.
The first version of Dub Turbo evaluated was version 1.5 and this have since been upgraded to version 2.0. The features of version 2.0 are better than 1.5 and the whole software itself is more flexible. The developer seems to really listen to users and incorporates feature requests when they make sense. It also helps that the developer is massively into creating beats and knows exactly what it needs to make it easy and quick to produce quality beats.
What are the main features of Dub Turbo?
1. Dub Turbo Sequencer has keyboard shortcuts so users can quickly navigate around and create beats within minutes. A lot of the better beak makers also offer keyboard shortcuts but most of them are harder to use. The Dub Turbo interface is intuitive and has everything needed to produce professional beats. The keyboard shortcuts simply make everything more efficient.
2. 16 track sequencer means users can create sick beats with ease. Many other beat makers, especially online beat makers offer fewer track sequencers which severely limits creativity.
3. Draw in bars so users can change sounds and patterns quickly rather than having to restart from scratch each time they want to make creative changes.
4. On-the-fly editing. Again, this means users don’t need to interrupt their creative flow as on-the-fly editing makes it easy to alter productions quickly.
5. 10 Drum Panel with every pad having its own keyboard trigger for quick and convenient use. There are over 40 kits included and each kit has 10 drums and users can import their own samples on top of this. The same quality and range of drum kits are not usually available in other beat making products on the market, but this might change in the future when they realize how much Dub Turbo provides.
6. It is available as a download and also has an online version. Many other beat makers only provide an online version and exports sound in mp3 format. Dub Turbo offers an online version, but even the creator advises using the download version as it is much better than any online beat maker. The download version also means users can shut themselves away in their studio and get creative rather than relying on an internet connection.
7. Dub Turbo helps all members gain exposure and awareness of how to sell their music. This feature is not normally available anywhere else and it is potentially a career defining feature. Most people struggle to sell their music or have to settle for whatever they can get. Dub Turbo really provides some insight into how people can make a living from creating their own beats.
As well as looking at the main features in this Dub Turbo review the benefits and drawbacks of the product in comparison to other similar products is also relevant.
The benefits of using Dub Turbo include:
1. The video guides are easy to follow so inexperienced beat makers can quickly learn how to create professional sounding beats. For experienced beat makers it is simply a quick guide to how to use the software and get the most from their beats.
2. The downloadable software works on both Mac and Windows operating systems so users don’t need to buy any additional things to get it working. Other beat making software is usually restricted to working on a PC or Mac. It is rare to have one that works on both.
3. The output sound quality of 44.1 stereo 16 bit .WAV format means users can export their beats directly and provide professional samples to highlight their skills. The majority of other beat making software is limited to exporting beats in MP3 format and is not suitable for professional samples. If users want to limit their potential then using other software is fine as it still enables them to upload their beats to YouTube and allows their friends to enjoy the beats. However, if serious about building a career then it is necessary to use software that exports beats in 44.1 stereo 16 bit .WAV format.
4. The industry standard .WAV format means users are free to choose their favorite music editing software to edit their beats and get them exactly the way they want them. Dub Turbo makes it easy for users to quickly create beats and export them in .WAV format while other beat making software uses MP3 exports which are usually not compatible with good music editing software.
5. The large drum kit selection available means users do not have to stick to just a few basic kits. This means users are able to let their creativity take over and really get pumping out the best beats they possibly can. With limited drum kits it is difficult to show creativity to its fullest.
6. Dub Turbo actually has a responsive support department. A lot of the other beat makers fall short when it comes to actually supporting their product and answering general queries about their product. The response time from Dub Turbo was excellent with impressive answers for all queries.
Every product has a few flaws and this Dub Turbo review would not be complete without addressing the drawbacks. However, it is surprising as there are very few drawbacks associated with Dub Turbo, but for the benefit of all readers or potential Dub Turbo users it is important to highlight them.
The not so good things about Dub Turbo include:
1. It is highly addictive. This can result in a lot of time being wasted from testing every kit available. Users will definitely need to set aside an evening or two if wanting to sample everything that Dub Turbo offers as it will take hours to examine every aspect of the software. However, people who already know what they want to do then they can quickly pump out some awesome beats within 10 minutes after figuring out how to use it.
2. The online version is nowhere near as good as the downloadable version. This is somewhat of a bad thing as sometimes people might prefer to just crank out beats on a cold night and do other things online at the same time. Lots of other beat making software is exclusive to creating beats online and many people do this out of habit. One suggestion for improvement is to improve the online version for users who prefer creating beats this way.
3. It makes anyone feel as if they could just start creating beats and instantly start earning a living through selling them. The truth is it is very difficult to get the right break and very difficult to sell beats regularly. Some people may sell the odd beat, but earning a living and selling the odd beat are two different things entirely. Dub Turbo has the potential to help users create professional beats ready for sale, but makes it sound too easy to earn a living by doing so. Developing this area is something the Dub Turbo creators should look into as there are a host of potential opportunities available online that can help people sell their beats and make a living from doing so.
How is their support?
Dub Turbo provides great support for all their customers. In their member area you will have 24/7 access to the support system.
Are they safe?
You are certainly safe ordering Dub Turbo. They are one of the biggest in the beat industry.
Dub Turbo Review Conclusion:
Overall, Dub Turbo is very easy to use and is definitely good value for money. The cost is low compared to many other systems, but the sound quality is at least on a par if not better than more expensive options. The features are great and better than many of the other systems currently available. It doesn’t matter what skill level users are at as Dub Turbo provide video guides for each of the features so users can quickly understand how they work.
There are a few minor things that could help improve Dub Turbo in the future, but overall there is no better beat making software currently available. For anybody who is serious about creating professional sounding beats then buying Dub Turbo today will help them do just that.